The Netanya masters is an invitational tournament held at the “Netanya Football Stadium” and is played with a round robin system (all against all) consisting of 10 players. Of which 5 are strong players worldwide and the other 5 are players from Israel. It is being played from June 23rd to July 2nd in the city of Netanya which belongs to the federal district of Israel.
The list of players is as follows:
- GM Leinier Dominguez Perez (USA) – 2739
- GM Peter Svidler (RUSSIA) – 2735
- GM Daniil Dubov (RUSSIA) – 2690
- GM Maxim Rodshtein (ISRAEL) – 2689
- GM Luke McShane, (ENGLAND) – 2686
- GM Tamir Nabaty (ISRAEL) – 2683
- GM Boris Gelfand (ISRAEL) – 2676
- GM Pavel Eljanov (UKRAINE) – 2661
- GM Evgeny Postny (ISRAEL) – 2612
- GM Ilya Smirin (ISRAEL) – 2607
This makes this tournament an average of 2678 and makes it one of the strongest classical chess events held in Israel. The prize money is 100.000$ USD.
The playing time is 90 minutes for the first 40 moves, plus 30 minutes for the rest of the game with an increase of 30 seconds per move, starting from the first move.
The tie-breaking system is:
- Berger system.
- Particular result between players.
|Domingo 23/6||15:00||Ceremonia de apertura|
|Domingo 23/6||16:00||La ronda 1|
|Lunes 24/6||16:00||La ronda 2|
|Martes 25/6||16:00||Ronda 3|
|Miércoles26 / 6||16:00||Ronda 4|
|Jueves 27/6||16:00||Ronda 5|
|Viernes 28/6||11:00||Ronda 6|
|Sábado 29/6||Día libre|
|Domingo 30/6||16:00||Ronda 7|
|Lunes 1/7||16:00||Ronda 8|
|Martes 2/7||11:00||Ronda 9|
|Martes 2/7||18:00||Ceremonia de clausura|